Sunday, June 24, 2012

CreationTalk, you guys are absolutely pathetic

Believe it or not, I was once a creationist. I believed in a Universe that was no older than 10,000 years and that evolutionary biology was a lie that professors and scientists used in some sort of secret kabal to keep funding coming in while blinding us to what I thought was the truth. I always wrestled with astronomy and the Big Bang, though. It was the knowledge I had of astronomy, as well as mythology and symbolism, that freed me from the mind-numbing cult known as creationism.

Around 2001-2002, I became a member of a little-known creationist website, CreationTalk.org. The site has gone through some changes since I became a member. As a matter of fact, I can't even find any of the posts that I made long ago. I can't even find my profile. You used to be able to log in and discuss all matters on evolutionary biology, cosmology, cosmogeny, Big Bang -- you name it. Now, however, you need one thing in order to talk about any of these topics -- a statement of faith in Jesus and belief in creation as is stated in the Bible. As the site says, "All applicants must subscribe to a belief in the Biblical creation to join this group. A promissory statement verifying this profession is submitted before membership is granted."

That's it.

Apparently, these halfwits have had enough of having their asses handed to them by those who know a thing or two about science. Now they have can have a feel-good party of their own without even the slightest hint of reality by having a bunch of non-believes raining on their parade.

As is typical of creationism, you are not required to have even the slightest clue about mathematics, taxonomy, botany, biology, astronomy, physics, geography, chemistry, or paleontology. You need to have absolutely no knowledge of science at all. All you need to accept is a myth built up on myth after myth after myth.

Once again, why is it that some agnostic blogger stuck in the middle of Pennsylvania have to be the one to stand up for freedom of speech, no matter how offensive it might be or how much it challenges your beliefs?

Science is a bitch, guys. Learn to love her.

No comments: