Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Congratulations, Boston!

As the first round of the playoffs in the Prince of Wale...eerrrr...Eastern Conference commenced this season, this was how I thought things would turn out:

Pens over Lightning, Rangers over Caps, Sabres over Flyers, Canadiens over Bruins.

None of those predictions came to fruition. On to Round 2:

Capitals over Tampa Bay, Flyers over Bruins.

Neither of those predictions came to fruition. On to Round 3:

Lightning over Bruins.

Needless to say, the Bruins proved me very, very, very wrong. What can I say? I'm not that good at predicting Stanley Cup champions.

But you earned it, Boston. I'm an Pens fan, so don't get used to it - but congratulations on your first Cup in 38 years! If for no other reason than out of admiration for Mark Recchi.

Enjoy it while you can -- the next season starts in 4 months.

No comments: