Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More blatant right-wing racism

It was only a matter of time before the Obama administration was the target of racism by high-ranking Republican officials. But I didn't think the first target would be the president's wife.

Rusty DePass (R-SC) is deservedly under heavy fire for recent comments he made toward Michelle Obama. After a gorilla escaped from the Riverbank Zoo in Columbia, SC, the former campaign manager for Rudy Giuliani wrote on his Facebook page, "I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless." Suddenly, conservatives accept evolution. How lovely. Of course, DePass offered a less than contrite apology.

Too late, douchebag.

Update:

Sherri Goforth, a staffer for state Senator Diane Black (R-TN) is under fire herself for submitting this picture by e-mail to some of her associates. Too bad for her that she sent it to the wrong people. When pressured if she understood the racial tone of the image, Goforth simply responded, “I went on the wrong email and I inadvertently hit the wrong button. I’m very sick about it, and it’s one of those things I can’t change or take back.”

Nice.

Keep digging that hole, Repubs!

No comments: