Sunday, March 28, 2010

Update: Tea Party protestors show their true colors

Just as I predicted last Sunday, not only did the right-wing nutjobs at Fox News not condemn the racist attacks by some teabaggers toward some members of the Congressional Black Caucus on March 20th, they simply denied these events ever happened.

Before I go on I have to make a disclaimer. I don't have the time nor the ability to listen to the right-wing pundits like Beck, Limbaugh, and Hannity on a daily basis, so there is a possibility that they could have condemned them but I missed it. And to be honest, the only reason I ever do give them a listen is to keep my anger for right-wing jackassery burning bright. Besides, unlike the aforementioned, I actually work for a living.

Anyway, I've searched for the better part of an hour today for any evidence that right-wing talking heads actually condemned the hate-fest that took part last week. I haven't been able to find anything. The best they can do is brush aside events from the 20th while reminding us that members of the far left often take part in violent activities. Meanwhile, during last night's "O'Reilly Factor" Laura Ingraham said that there was no evidence that anyone spit on Emanuel Cleaver on March 20th.

Fair and balanced, huh?

And what does Limbaugh have to say? "Let me ask you a question. When is the last time you can recall a bunch of conservatives having a riot?" They don't have to have a riot, Rush. They just blow off cops' heads off with an AK-47.

Republicans are crying foul against progressives and Democrats after a bullet went through a window in Eric Cantor's office in Richmond, VA. Cantor said that he was "directly threatened". As it turns out, the bullet was errant, and not intentionally fired into Cantor's office. Time will tell if he does the right thing and apologizes. Meanwhile, House Democrats continue to be the target of violence and hatred. Applause to John Boehner for condemning such violence.

In related news, hoards of the gun-toting fearful will arrive in D.C. on April 19th, of all days. Nice timing, guys. What possible outcome you clowns are hoping to achieve is way beyond me.

Stay tuned.

No comments: